"A wise woman builds her house, with her own hands the foolish woman tears hers down" Prvb 14:1
I decided to start this blog, for many reasons, but mainly in hopes to encourage women in their identity in Jesus Christ that we all may be built up in love and may know Jesus and the power of his resurrection, in our lives.Perhaps you arent a wife or mother yet, perhaps you are one in the making, if so, I pray this ministers to you as well.
The verse above has been pondering and wrestling in my mind over the past 10years, I confess I have not always been a builder, which has led in part to the writing of this blog. I have had my share of defeats and by Gods grace, victories but I am learning that I am more than a conquer through Christ who strenghtens me, which is why I am able to be a woman who builds her house, and why I beleive you are able too as well. Being a wife and mother can be so demanding at times, wouldnt you agree? I often tell my husband that I feel like a construction worker. It isnt an easy job, but it is a job that the Lord has called us women to, and a job we get to do. It can be a very tiring, lonely, ugly, dirty, and at times just down right discouraging. There are times when there are no thank you's, no days off, no high salaries or pay raises, for what Dr. Phill says is equivelnt to 2 full-time jobs, meanwhile the world laughs and mocks at our attempts. However, the work we do I beleive is infact priceless, and a work that we have been equipped and called to do, and I beleive not just to do but to succeed and be victorious in. No wonder the enemy prowls around seeking to devour this God ordained institution. It has been said if you destroy the family, you destroy a nation.
However, I have found that in order to build a women must first be built. What I mean by this is:
I spent the first 5 years of my marriage trying to find my identity in the building of my house. I wasted alot of time comparing myself to other women, other chiristians, and frankly, tried to be them. I despretly sought to obey the scriptures, but only found my life to be that of a "Desperete Housewife". Desperete to be a better wife, desperete to be more holy, desperete to be obedient, desperete to be godly, desperete to have it together, desperete to look like other women in the church, desperete to have a husband who was a leader in the church, desperete to be leaders in the church, desperete to do great and mighty things for God, desperete to know more, desperete..desperete..desperete. This only left me hopeless and defeated and in great bondage to sin. I found that the root of all this stemed from a heart of pride, because when I was able to live up to any of these desperete ideas, I would look at other women and in my heart would be disgusted over their sin, yet not realizing my heart was full of it as well. I am thankful for the Holy Spirit who reveals our sin to us and our desperete need of Jesus.
In my next blog I will write about what it means to be a women who is built in order to be a woman who builds.
2 comments:
What a great introduction to your blog! Thank you for sharing such wonderful gems of wisdom and truth about womanhood, wifehood, and motherhood. :-)
In His grace,
Erika
thank you for your encouragement and sweet words!
Post a Comment